CHAPTER IV: PREPARATION AND EXECUTION OF SCHEMES
- Preparation of schemes:
(1) The Authority shall, in such form and in such manner as may be prescribed, prepare schemes for the area or any part thereof and execute or have them executed in the prescribed manner.
(2) All such schemes prepared by the Authority shall be submitted to the Government for its approval, except those schemes, the provisional estimated cost of which does not exceed such limit as may be prescribed by rules or for which no loan or grant is required from the Government.
(3) The Authority shall publish the sanctioning of any scheme in the official Gazette.
(4) The publication of a sanction under sub-section (3), shall be conclusive evidence that the scheme has been duly framed and sanctioned.
(5) No planning or development scheme shall be prepared by any person or local government as defined in the Punjab Local Government Act 2013 (XVIII of 2013) or Government agency within the area except with the concurrence of the Authority.
(6) In every scheme provision for a plot or plots for mosques shall be made.
- Modification of schemes:Any scheme prepared under this Act, may at any time, be amended, modified or abandoned by the Authority, in such form and in such manner as may be prescribed.
- Power to give directions: (1) The Authority may require a Government agency within whose jurisdiction any particular locality or aspect of development covered by a scheme lies:-
(a) to execute a scheme in consultation with the Authority;
(b) to take over and maintain any of the works and services in the area.
(c) to provide any amenity in relation to the land which in the opinion of the Authority ought to be provided; and
(d) to enforce regulations, on behalf of the Authority.
(2) The expenditure incurred on the execution of any scheme or on the taking over or maintenance of any work, or the enforcement of regulations, under this section, shall be borne as may be agreed to between the Authority and the Government agency and in the event of disagreement, as may be determined by the Government within a prescribed period.
- Power to execute any schemes: (1) Where the Authority is satisfied that any direction given by it under sub-section (1) of section 14, with regard to any scheme, has not been carried out by the Government agency, the Authority may, itself undertake any works for the execution of that scheme and the cost thereof shall be borne as may be agreed between the Authority and the Government agency and in the event of disagreement, as may be determined by the Government.
(2) Where any work is undertaken by the Authority under sub-section (1), it shall be deemed to have, for the purpose of execution of such work, all the powers which may be exercised under any law for the time being in force, by the Government agency concerned.