CHAPTER IX: MISCELLANEOUS
- Annual report:(1) The Authority shall prepare for every year a report of its activities during that year and submit the report to the Government in such form and on or before such date, as may be prescribed.
(2) The report referred to in sub-section (1) shall be laid before the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab within six months of its receipt by the Government.
- Recovery of dues:Any sum due to the Authority from, or any sum wrongly paid by the Authority to, any person under this Act, shall be recoverable as arrears of land revenue.
- Conversion of property to a different use: If a person converts a property to use or purpose other than the one provided under a scheme, master plan or classification map within the controlled area without the previous approval in writing of the Authority, he shall be liable to punishment with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year or with fine which may extend to ten thousand rupees per day from the date of its conversion till the default continues or with both.]
- Summary ejectment of unauthorized occupants:The Authority or any person authorized by it in this behalf may summarily eject any person in unauthorized occupation of any land or property vested in the Authority and may for such ejectment use such force as may be necessary.
Provided that no action under this Section shall be taken without providing an opportunity of being heard to the person to be affected thereby.
- Removal of building etc. erected or used in contravention of this Act.–(1) If any building, structure, work or land is erected, constructed or used in contravention of the provisions of this Act or any rules, regulations or orders made thereunder, the Authority or any person authorised by it in this behalf, may, by order in writing, require the owner, occupier, user or person in control of such building, structure, work or land to remove, demolish or alter the building, structure or work or to use it in such manner so as to bring such erection, construction or use in accordance with the said provisions of this Act.
(2) If an order under sub-section (1), in respect of any building, structure, work or land is not complied with within such time, as may be specified therein, the Authority or any person authorised by it in this behalf may, after giving the person affected by the order an opportunity of being heard, remove, demolish or alter the building, structure or work, or stop the use of the land and in so doing, may use such force as may be necessary and may also recover the cost thereof from the person responsible for the erection, construction or use of the building, structure, work or land in contravention of the provisions as aforesaid.
- Members, officers and employees to be public servants.–The Chairman, Vice Chairmen members, Director-General, officers, servants, experts and consultants of the Authority when acting or purporting to act in pursuance of any of the provisions of this Act, be deemed to be public servants within the meaning of section 21 of the Pakistan Penal Code.
- Immunity of the Authority and its employees.–No suit, prosecution or any other legal proceedings shall lie against the Authority, the Chairman, Vice Chairmen Director-General, any member, officer, servant, expert or consultant of the Authority in respect of anything done or intended to be done in good faith under this Act.
- Jurisdiction of courts barred:Save as otherwise provided by this Act, no court or other Authority, shall have jurisdiction to question the legality of anything done or any action taken under this Act by or at the instance of the Authority.
- Power to make rules: Subject to the provisions of this Act, Government may make rules for carrying into effect the purposes of this Act.
- Power to make regulations: Subject to the provisions of this Act and the rules framed thereunder, the Authority may make regulations as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of this Act.
- This Act to prevail over other laws: Subject to the Constitution, in the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the provisions of this Act and the provisions of any other law for the time being in force, the provisions of this Act shall, to the extent of such conflict or in consistency, prevail.
- Authority to replace the Improvement Trust: On the establishment of the Authority under this Act–
(i) all functions and powers with respect to the formulation, sanction and execution of schemes, and all functions heretofore performed by the Improvement Trust, shall be exercised and performed by the Authority;
(ii) all properties, assets and liabilities pertaining to the Improvement Trust shall vest in and be the assets and liabilities, as the case may be, of the Authority.