Chapter 4: Requirements of Services Designs
- SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS
A sponsor shall submit to the Authority four sets of the following documents of the sanctioned housing scheme:
(a) Approved layout plan;
(b) Location plan;
(c) Topographic survey plan;
(d) Land use analysis; and
(e) Soil test report from the approved laboratory.
- WATER SUPPLY, SEWERAGE, AND DRAINAGE
(1) A sponsor shall:
(a) Engage services of qualified public health and structural engineer, registered with Pakistan Engineering Council, for the preparation of detailed design and specifications of water supply, sewerage, and drainage systems;
(b) Ensure that the design and specifications are in accordance with the law, rules, master plan and guidelines of the agency responsible for the approval; and
(c) Ensure that water supply, sewerage, and drainage lines are provided on both sides of a road but, if provided only along one side of a road, underground connections for properties on the other side of a road shall be provided before road pavement.
(2) A sponsor shall, in areas where public trunk sewer does not exist, abide by the requirements of an agency maintaining a sewerage system and shall ensure disposal of sewage to the satisfaction of the agency.
(3) A sponsor at his cost shall connect the sewerage and drainage system of the scheme to a public trunk sewer wherever available subject to the approval of an agency maintaining a sewerage system.
(4) After connecting the system to a public trunk sewer, the same may be taken over by the agency for operation, maintenance, and billing.
(5) A sponsor shall submit four sets of the following documents or drawings to the Authority:
(a) Detailed designs and specifications of water supply, sewerage, and drainage system;
(b) the number of tube wells, their capacity, chamber design, the details of borehole and connection with water supply system, including tube well logs (strata chart), details of tube well machinery and
(c) Number of overhead tanks, capacity, design, structure design and design calculation details along with structural stability;
(d) Design for the ultimate disposal of the sewage; and
(e) Location of septic or soakage well, where the disposal is not available.
- ROAD NETWORK
A sponsor shall:
(a) Engage the services of a qualified civil or structural engineer, registered with Pakistan Engineering Council, for preparation of detailed design and specifications of road network and bridges;
(b) Ensure that the design and specifications are in accordance with the law, master plan, and guidelines of the agency responsible for approval of the same;
(c) Ensure that footpaths are provided on both sides of a major road;
(d) Ensure that service road is provided on both sides of a road with more than 80 feet right of way; and
(e) Submit to the Authority four sets of the following documents or drawings:
(i) design and specifications for a road network, bridge, and footpath in accordance with the law, rules, master plan, and guidelines of the agency responsible for approval of the same;
(ii) A geometric design of road network and junctions;
(iii) Design of appurtenance and structure;
(iv) Road drainage design;
(v) Landscape design for a road network;
(vi) Design of street furniture and fixtures; and
(vii) Detail of traffic control devices.
- ELECTRICITY AND STREET LIGHT PLAN
A sponsor shall
(a) prepare design and specification of electricity and street or public lighting and the street or public lighting shall be designed through the most energy-efficient lights as may be specified by approving authority, agency or department;
(b) Submit these designs and specifications to the concerned agency notified by the Government responsible for the provision of electricity and street or public lights for approval;
© ensure that designs are prepared by an electrical engineer, registered with Pakistan Engineering Council, and approved by the agency responsible for the provision of electricity; and
(d) Install or provide energy-efficient lights for street or public lighting as may be specified by approving authority, agency, or department at the time of approval.
- LANDSCAPE PLAN
A sponsor shall submit to the Authority, a landscape plan for parks, open spaces, including free plantation on both sides of a road and in open spaces.
- SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT PLAN
A sponsor shall submit to the Authority, a solid waste management plan which shall include a plan showing the location of the proposed dust bins, storage places, and collection and disposal of the solid waste systems.
- GAS SUPPLY CHARGES
(1) A sponsor shall, within one year of the sanction of a scheme, deposit charges and costs for the provision of gas (if available in the vicinity) in accordance with the requirements of Sui Northern Gas Pipeline Company under intimation to the Authority.
(2) In case of non-availability of gas in the vicinity, a sponsor shall provide to the authority a certificate from Sui Northern Gas Company.
A sponsor shall, within three years of the development of a scheme, ensure availability of telephone facilities under Intimation to the Authority.
- UNDERGROUND SERVICES
(1) A Sponsor shall ensure that utility services such as water supply, sewerage, Sui gas, and cable lines are laid underground.
(2) In the area where topography does not permit the laying of underground services, an exemption may be granted by the plan-approving agency under intimation to the Authority.
The provisions of this chapter shall not be applicable to a land sub-division having an area less than forty Kanal.